Sunday, November 12, 2006

Feingold Says He Won’t Run For President

Senator (D-WI) Feingold sent a letter to his supporters (I am one of them) saying he will not seek the Dem nomination for president in 2008. I’m hopeful that the rumors are true that Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) is coming to the same conclusion about running for president. I think she’d be a very good president, but I don’t think she could win in 2008. Senator John Kerry (D-MA) would probably make a good president but I simply don’t want to look at him or hear him drone for four years. Ditto Gore. Gore’s not hard to look at, but he drones and he bores me to distraction. I’m disappointed about Feingold’s decision. Of course, he could change his mind and I hope he does. He’s fine to look at and he doesn’t drone. Nor does he bore. However, here’s my point and yes, I’m finally getting to it. Given the way the 2006-midterm elections turned out. And you bet your sweet ass, I am going to gloat. I have so missed any gloating. Everyone is being so well mannered. I have hopes for a little gloating on the Sunday morning talk shows…but I doubt it will happen. Therefore, it’s up to me. We won, you arrogant, fascistic, warmongering, neocon, numnut assholes! We won! Alrighty, then. Given the way the 2006 midterm elections turned out, the person who receives the Democrat nomination for president in 2008 is less important than the fact that the Democrats control the Senate and the House of Representative. It’s terribly important for the Democrats to have really good, smart, articulate, quick-witted, tenacious and brave Senators in Congress. Which, as luck and the voters in America have ordained, we do. So I will throw my support for a president nominee behind any Democrat who is engaging, intelligent, sharp as a newly honed butcher knife, energetic, pretty, and has a sense of humor. (Oh, and is male, because a woman cannot win this time. A woman may be able to win in 2012.) Sounds like former Dem Senator from NC and 2004 VP nominee John Edwards to me. However, a major fact that both Dems and Repubs may not be seeing, or in any case, may not be aware of, is this: Voters in America are sick and tired of being yammered at by the same old tired faces. If anything is going to defeat John McCain in 2008, it’s that we’ve been looking at him and listening to him and hearing about his being a prisoner of war (at long last, get over it!) for 20 years. And that shit-eating smile.

2 comments:

MR said...

The only way the Democrats lose in 2008 is IF they nominate Hillary. Let's face it folks, she is simply toxic, right or wrong, to a large percentage of the electorate. I am continually surprised by the ignoring and omission of the one person who could certainly derail the Hillary Express: Al Gore. He was shafted in 2000, was right on the war, and has been a true visionary on the environment. He sits on the board of Apple, are we in store for an Ipod like product introduction?
www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com

Peter of Lone Tree said...

"Given the way the 2006 midterm elections turned out, the person who receives the Democrat nomination for president in 2008 is less important than the fact that the Democrats control the Senate and the House of Representative."

I agree, but do not forget that the Rovian Neo-cons still have much control over the Judicial Branch, as well as the Intelligence Agencies and the Military.