Thursday, August 02, 2012

CHICK-FIL-A


My feeling is that any outfit that uses a gaggingly cute spelling of fillet for its name would do anything. So I don’t trust the whole enterprise or its food.

And I also have to say, I don’t believe anything the Chick-fil-A website says about its chicken, its fresh ingredients, its hand-breading, or any of its advertising nonsense.

For one thing, there is a note at the bottom of the Chick-fil-A propaganda site that reads: “Chick-fil-A does not verify the accuracy of the content contained in the preceding website”. And for another thing, its chickens eat from 18-32% "protein-based products", which could be really icky stuff. Like blood meal, poultry offal, meat and bone meal and feather meal, among other things…all of which could be infected with extremely icky stuff.

So…those are my reasons for staying away from Chick-fil-A and its fast food. All of which I think are reasons enough. And I don’t know why Chick-fil-A has been able to stay in business in the first place.

But if the public wants to eat this fast-food junk, it should be allowed to. And if that junk comes with an anti-gay message and ridiculous remarks about what Jesus is going to do to people who find nothing wrong with being gay, then so be it. You really shouldn’t be eating that crap in the first place.

No comments: