Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hillary or Obama…Could Either One Win?

Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and Barack Obama (D-IL) have the same problem. Human beings are inherently deceitful when asked questions having anything to do with racism or sexism. People lie. Question: Would you vote for a black man for president? PC Answer: Of course I would. It’s time we get over our racist approach to politics. Honest answer: No. Question: Would you vote for a woman for president? PC Answer: Yes. It’s time we get over our sexist approach to politics. Honest answer: No. Question: If you would not vote for Hillary, why would you not vote for Hillary? PC Answer: Although I would welcome the opportunity to vote for a strong, smart, qualified woman for president, many people are sexists. I don’t think she could win and it’s very important for Democrats to win in the next presidential election. Honest Answer: She’s irritating. She’s a ballbuster. I don’t like her and I never have. And mainly, no woman could ever have the authority and gravitas needed by a president. Question: If you would not vote for Obama, why would you not vote for Obama? PC Answer: I don’t think he’s had enough experience yet in the political arena. He would be a very good choice in 2012. Honest Answer: He’s not ready to be president and I’m not ready for a black president. Would I vote for Hillary? No. She gives me the heeby-jeebies. Would I vote for Obama? No. He gives me the willies. Right here and right now, what Democrats don’t give me the heebies or willies? John Edwards (D-NC) for President and Russ Feingold (D-WI) for VP, if Feingold could be talked into it. Could they win? Gore won, and that was an even bigger long shot. And given that they are not Hillary or Obama, an Edwards/Feingold ticket has a better than even chance.

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

I am an advocate for an Edwards/Obama ticket. This, at least at this point, is really the Democrats' race to lose. However, I would like to see the re-emergence of Wesley Clark from the last election. I did think he was a late runner with a good basis, and he could very easily challenge a Republican candidate like McCain for the office.