Tuesday, December 28, 2004

WH Daymare: Bush Finds Out He’s President

So far, Karl Rove and the White House Backroom Boys have promised the Bushmaton they will make him a great man. All he has to do is follow orders...their orders. But what happens, as in the movie “Dave”, when the pretender realizes his title alone confers total power. Admittedly, Dave was a good guy. But one day he was struck with the amazing understanding that even though he was an impostor, the title “President” meant he could do anything and no one could stop him. What will happen when (not if, but when) George W. Bush wakes up to the fact that he, not Karl Rove, has supreme power? I, personally, cannot wait for that wondrous day. Rove’s genius has been to present his evil machinations as though they were beneficial to the country and the world. Or at least, as though God blessed fascists who called themselves born-again. But Rove’s greatest masterwork--the Bushmaton puppet--has no real understanding of the delicate balancing act required to appear benign while destroying the country like a flesh-eating parasite. So far, Bush has shown his true colors in teeny ways. Like the day after the election when he said he planned to reach out only to like-minded people and that anyone not agreeing with his policies would be left behind. And the grandiose and fanciful statement, “I have a mandate”. Those moments of truth were played down by the WH press secretary as having been occasioned by the euphoria of his election win. And almost immediately afterward, Bush finally submitted to his annual physical check-up when his meds, no doubt, were re-evaluated and adjusted. But the day will come when the BushBot will have an epiphany: I don’t need these meds, I don’t need my minders, I don’t need advisers, I don’t need cooler heads, I don’t need to sit down and reflect, I am the President of the United States, I Am God’s Representative on earth. Give me that microphone, I am going to speak plain and from the heart...I am George W. Bush, hear me and know my wrath. I am the Great I Am! Oh heavenly day in the morning...then what? Has Rove planned for that day?

No comments: