Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

I’ll be going to a feast with friends today where there will be only one disgusting-type Republican attending. For that, I am truly thankful. The last time I was in his company he said, “I just don’t know why they don’t load up all those people who supposedly are homeless and jobless and take them to Atlantic City where they can work for tips.” He’s the quintessential well-off white guy and while he laughed at what he thought was a clever remark, he was also serious. And the worst part of his comment is that he doesn’t believe people are really homeless or jobless. He believes they are running scams to bilk the government and that they should be glad to work for minimum wage because, What can they expect with no education? In all our thanks giving, there is always the underlying thought of Psalm 40:11: Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. But some people, through no fault of their own have not been preserved from want and need, and have not received even the most basic mercies. These are the people who must be protected from the Bush adminstration and the other disgusting-type Republicans. And I must say, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you God for letting me live amongst Democrats.

No comments: